• Latest News


    Wednesday, April 27, 2016

    Sinfield retires from all forms of rugby

    Kevin Sinfield has announced that he will retire from all forms of rugby at the end of the current Championship rugby union season.



    The former Leeds Rhinos and England rugby league captain switched codes to join Yorkshire Carnegie in November 2015, with the Headingley-based outfit now set to face Doncaster Knights in the play-off semi-finals.

    "I have been privileged and deeply honoured to have enjoyed a 20-year career as a professional rugby player and to retire on my own terms, rather than through injury, is something I feel lucky to be able to do," said Sinfield, who guided the Rhinos to a historic treble in his last league season.

    "I have always said that some day I will need to get a proper job and that day has now come.

    "I have thoroughly enjoyed the last seven months with Yorkshire Carnegie and I would like to thank the coaches, players and supporters for making me feel so welcome.

    "I have always given total commitment to every team I have ever played in and therefore I have decided to hang up my boots at the end of this season.

    "A number of opportunities have become available to me for life after rugby and I need to make the right decision for me and my family.

    "However, before then we have got hopefully four massive games ahead of us, starting this Sunday against a very good Doncaster side at Headingley Carnegie."

    Sinfield was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours in 2014.

    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 التعليقات:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Sinfield retires from all forms of rugby Rating: 5 Reviewed By: koorafikolmakan
    Scroll to Top