• Latest News


    Friday, March 4, 2016

    Sharapova arm injury to keep her from playing at Indian Wells

     

    Maria Sharapova withdrew on Thursday
    from next week's start of the Indian Wells Masters as the Russian
    continues to suffer with a left forearm injury.
    The five-time grand slam winner, ranked seventh in the world, has not
    played since the Australian Open nearly six weeks ago when she lost a
    quarter-final to Serena Williams.
    "I'm extremely disappointed that I am unable to compete in this
    year's tournament," the 28-year-old said in a statement.
    "I've been focussed on healing my left forearm injury and tried to
    get my body to be 100 per cent ready to play this event, as it is one
    of my favorite events on the WTA and so close to my home in LA. I
    will be anxious to return next year and hopefully many years after."
    On the men's side, the tournament will be missing world number two
    Roger Federer, who underwent knee surgery in early February and will
    not return until Monte Carlo in April.

    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 التعليقات:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Sharapova arm injury to keep her from playing at Indian Wells Rating: 5 Reviewed By: koorafikolmakan
    Scroll to Top